Saturday 26 February 2022

Warlords of Erewhon - War of the Grudge


Its been quite some time since I have played a game of warlords of Erehwon, but I finally got a chance the other night to get my Elvish force onto the table against my friend Nic's Dwarfs.

A true battle of the Beard was to be had. We chose 1000pts and a 4'x4' board and just went for a straight pitched battle. Nic had seven order dice to my 8 so I would have to remove 4 order dice to win whilst he would have to remove 5 of mine.

After both sides deployed the first turn mainly saw units advancing or running into position ready for the perceived onslaught of turn 2.



Dwarf and Elven Rangers trade shot and arrow with first blood going to the dwarf's, who dropped a couple of Elves in a hail of lead.



The Giant Eagle and Dwarf Gyrocopter duelled constantly for a few turns until finally the Avian hunter ripped the infernal machine from the sky. A big loss for Nic as the Gyrocopter had 2 order dice.


After downing the Gyrocopter (2 Dice) the Eagle was wounded by a Lightning Bolt hurled from the Dwarf Runesmith, whilst a horde of frenzied slayers charged towards the Elf Infantry.

Harried by Elven Cavalry and shot to pieces by Elven Rangers a unit of Slayers (1 dice) was wiped out by the talons of the Eagle. Not before however, they had destroyed a unit of Elven Guard and whittled down my Cavalry to two models.


With the Dwarf Runesmith (1 Dice) also being dispatched the game was technically won for the Elves but we decided to carry on.


Carrying on for the last couple of turns actually turned the game into a bloodbath for the Elves. The remaining unit of Slayers as well as the Dwarf Lord and his bodyguard, scythed though my lightly armoured units and my Hero and Elf Lord were both cut down by the massive axes of the doughty Dwarf's - I hadn't needed to throw them into combat but as the game had been technically won - why not eh?

In the finally throes of the game, again it came down to my mighty Eagle and the lord of the skies rent destruction upon the Dwarf Lord, sending him to his ancestors and thus causing another entry into the book of Grudges.

I really enjoy this game and its not too taxing and rules heavy. Overall its fun and that is what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment