Sunday 19 August 2012

My "20 Questions"


Ray and Fran from "Dont Roll a 1" and "The Angry Lurker" have posted up a 20 questions post. After some consideration and enjoying reading various others who have answered, here are mine.

1. Favourite Wargaming period and why?

My favourite period used to be predominantly WW1 Air and Naval combat but since then I have totally immersed my self in the Cult TV/Spy Fi genre thanks to the wonderful 7TV ruleset from Crooked Dice.



2. Next period, money no object?

Zombies - Zombie Outbreak, Zombie Apocolypse, Whatever you want to call it - would love to be able to recreate every town/city/countryside with survivors constantly embattled against the Zombie hordes!!!



3. Favourite 5 films?

Lord of the Rings Trilogy (I know, 3 films so thats a bit of a cheat) Blade Runner, Nosferatu, Sherlock Holmes (recent version) Anything by Akira Kurosawa.

4. Favourite 5 TV series?

Slightly easier to answer this one. Dexter, Grimm, Warehouse 13, True Blood, Dr Who.
Or. Walking Dead, Spaced, Captain Scarlet, The Avengers, Open all Hours.

5. Favourite book and author?

Really like anything by Terry Pratchett



6. Greatest General? Can’t count yourself!!

Frederick the Great. Or Napoleon before invading Russia.



7. Favourite Wargames rules?

7TV By Crooked Dice.



8. Favourite Sport and team?

Despite the overpaid, over acclaimed personalities I love Football and have been a Man City supporter since I was 5. I also love Ice Hockey.

9. If you had a only use once time machine, when and where would you go?

I would go back to Jesus's time and shout to the crowd - "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!!!"



10. Last meal on Death Row?

Enough Bacon and Eggs to gorge myself to death on - that should annoy the buggers!

11. Fantasy relationship and why?

Lily Munster - Just gotta love weird goth girls.



12. If your life were a movie, who would play you?

Peter Kay. Podgy northern bloke who can make women chuckle.

13. Favourite Comic Superhero?

Usagi Yojimbo, or if you want a less obscure one Ironman.



14. Favourite Military quote?

The Earth? Oh, the Earth will be gone in just a few seconds. I'm going to blow it up; it obstructs my view of Venus - Marvin the Martian.

15. Historical destination to visit?

Great Wall of China.



16. Biggest Wargaming regret?

Not having the time, money, location or perfect ability to pander to my ever whimsical flit of 5yr old fascination I have for the hobby.

17. Favourite Fantasy job?

Anything that would combine Skydiving with Marine Biology and the ability to run around like Indiana Jones.

18. Favourite Song Top 5?

Off the top of my head today. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, Soil - Halo, David Bowie - The Laughing Gnome, Sisters of Mercy - Temple of Love, Fields of the Nephilim - Moonchild.

19. Favourite Wargaming Moment?

Seeing my opponents face when I Hail Mary'd a pass with a treeman straight into the arms of a halfling with diving catch in his endzone during a Bloodbowl tournament!

20. The miserable Git question, what upsets you?

My own failings at times and the discourtesy of others. Politics and Religion can turn me into Mr Grumpy as well.

6 comments:

  1. Some great answers Carl, good choice on Frederick the Great and Lily Munster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant answers. You have to have the award for best Military quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great answers! I don't rem Lily Munster's outfit like that when I watched the show as a kid ;) Hail Mary Pass w a treeman, for the TD.. awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome BB play - thats the stuff that makes the game great! And why BB players who try stuff like that are fun to be around :-)

    Yes, goth chicks are hot. Wouldn't marry one, but they are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lily Munster...Man she looks hot in that photo.
    Great answers.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers... Lily Munster, whoa, that one came out of left field! ;-)

    ReplyDelete