Sunday 23 July 2017

Brigade Models Imperial Skies Italian Fleet


                 
Imperial Skies is a table top wargame of lighter-than-air ship battles, played out over the land and sea of the early 20th Century.

Fleets of flying ships are pitted against each other in fast-paced aerial tactical combat. Gather powerful fleets of your favourite nation including Battleships, Dreadnoughts, Cruisers, Destroyers, Aircraft, Bombers and Patrol Boats. (From Brigade Models website)



This is the start of my Italian Forces for Imperial Skies. It consists of 2 x Re d'Italia Class Battleships, 1 x Giulo Cesare Class Light Battleship, 2 x Pisa Class Cruisers and 3 x Rosatelli BR-88 Seaplane Bombers.

Next additions will be flights of Seaplane Fighters, 4 x Frigates and a large Dirigible. I have my first game against a friends British fleet beginning of August so look out for the upcoming battle report.

5 comments:

  1. OOOOOOH !! Very Interested. If you can let me know how long it took to paint them....about as long as (X) 28mm figures we all paint at different speeds after all)

    I have 2-3 fleets to paint myself (British (for a friend) Dutch and German for myself...)

    I am also looking at the Japanese fleet just because I am STOOPID and have yet to paint a single fleet....

    But seriously very interested indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didnt take that long Clint. The Battleships are about 3 1/2" long and they are basic paintjobs - so about hour and half per ship (I paint slow). The bombers took about half an hour. I magnetised the ships and the flight stands but that didnt take long either.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I shall start with my Dutch fleet and see how I get on.
      (After I finish what I have already started of course... So give me 3-4 weeks before I am ready to show them.

      Delete
  2. Look awesome dude. Very interesting looking game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a cool game. Iv not actually played it yet, got my first game 3rd August. But I watched two of my friends play with their British and Austrian fleets and the mechanics and flow of the game worked great and it looked fun. The rulebook is very well described and its not overly complicated.

      Delete