Wednesday 5 September 2012

Bolt Action - Warlord Games WW2 Rules

Recently a few friends from my  local wargames club went to the opening of a new gaming store (name of which I have forgotten) which was also hosting demos of Warlord Games new WW2 ruleset - Bolt Action. During this jaunt they each received a goodie bag, which they were immensly chuffed with as it contained items such as a full box set of Plastic 28mm British Commandos, Blisters of Anti Tank Guns etc... Jealous is not the word that I could not go to this!

Anyhoo due to the fervour of this day, at least 6 members of our club are going to start putting armies together and play Bolt Action. To which I've now succumbed, even though I had promised myself not to start any new gaming periods!!! Seeing as I have just sold the majority of a 28mm Macedonian Ancients Army I felt quite justified in using a proportion of my makings to orderd the Bolt Action rules from Amazon.

I am going to go with a German force first (of course I say first as we all know you cant just collect one army/force/warband etc..) mainly due to the fact that quite some time ago I picked up a box of Warlord Games Fallschirmjager with the intention of using them for Secrets of the Third Reich.

These are really nice miniatures but they really take a hell of a lot of work on clean-up. These have to be the worst metal miniatures I ever have bought for mold lines, extra flash etc.. each miniatures is going to take at least 10 minutes good clipping, filing and prepping for undercoat.

As well as ordering the rulebook from Amazon I did separate orders for the forth coming German Forces Source Book, which should be out in October.

As well as a box of the Warlord Games Bolt Action Plastic German Infantry. These are going to be the mainstay of my German Platoon Force, consisiting of a Command Unit, two Infantry Squads and Light machine Gun Elements. The Fallschirmjager and Later SS Sections will be added to add Veteran and Elite elements depending on the points values of battles. All I need now is a few vehicles and extra support options to enable different load outs depending on my opposing force during battles. I am thinking a couple of Hannomags, a STUG III, PAK Anti Tank Guns and a Panzer IV along with a few Motorbike and sidecar combinations for both the Werhmacht and Fallschirmjager.

So thats the start, more posts as and when I start putting the Platoons together.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds good look forward to seeing them make an appearance here at some point.

    ReplyDelete