Wednesday 11 April 2012

Starting with SAGA


 
Artwork from the Gripping Beast website

I have started on the road to a heroic SAGA, a wonderful Dark Age skirmish game by:


Gripping Beast and Studio Tomahawk


After joining the Studio Tomahawk SAGA forums, asking a few questions and reading some battle reports, I decided I would start with the Welsh. They struck me as the outsider faction with more quirks than the others (being Vikings, Anglo-Danes and Normans). After ordering a starter Warband and a few extras I was ready to start assembling and painting!
I have now thrown myself in at the deep end and also registered my Welsh Warband for a Campaign tournament in Sheffield on the 15th April 2012 – it will be posted here whether I have gained more territory for my Prince or suffered defeat and thrown myself off the top of Snowdon!!

Although I'll probably add some changes to the warband at present it is made up of my Warlord Owain ap Padraig (self made half Irish half Welsh hard barstard) two units of heathguard and two units of Warriors.
I am still working on a unit of mounted Hearthguard, a unit of mounted Warriors and a unit of bow armed Levy.

                                                                                 Warlord:                                                                              
Gripping Beast Welsh Warlord

2 Points Welsh Heathguard

Gripping Beast Welsh Teulu Miniatures

1 Point of Warriors:


1 Point of Warriors:


2 Points Group Shot of Warriors:

All Warriors Gripping Beast Miniatures


2 comments:

  1. Looking good man i am subscribed and look forward to seeing u at the event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seemed to have done ok Mal - killed your Warlord twice hehe

      Delete